The term ‘insomnia’ covers a number of different problems such as inability to fall asleep easily, waking up during the night, sleeping restlessly, waking up early in the morning and dream-disturbed sleep.
The amount and quality of sleep depend on the state of the Mind. The Mind is rooted in the Heart and specifically in Heart-Blood and Heart-Yin.
Causes of Insomnia:
- Liver-Fire blazing
- Heart-Fire blazing
- Phlegm-Heat harassing the Mind
- Residual Heat in the Diaphragm
- Heart and Spleen Blood Deficiency
- Heart-Yin Deficiency
- Heart and Kidneys not harmonized
- Heart and Gall-Bladder Deficiency
- Liver-Yin Deficiency